rainy, rainy, day.

 Happy Tuesday! It's been SUPER rainy since last night, super unusual for my desert home but it's a bit refreshing and I do not mind taking out my bubble umbrella! It gets the job done!

I just got my belt today from my thrifting trip yesterday! I love all the shiny silver detail. I wish it was real leather but I'm hoping it soften ups a bit, it's a little stiff.
I got the cat collar (it's a dicky!) from Miss Patina's black friday sale and this is my first time testing it out. Wow, do I love it!

I haven't worn this red sweater since HERE not sure why, I should wear it more, it's a really fun style! Now that I'm thinking of it, it might be that the fun sleeve details get covered up by coats in the Winter?

I last wore my red clog boots HERE with my teal moto jacket and faux leather pants!
I last wore my faux suede midi skirt HERE with some cowboy boots!
I last wore my red purse HERE with a dinosaur sweatshirt!
I last wore my pansy trench HERE with some denim and polka dots, navy accents!
My tights are old and you can even see me wearing them way back HERE with the same beret and coat!




 I'm wearing: collar/dicky-Miss Patina, coat-elevenses 'pansy' (poshmark), red sweater-poshmark (from Korea), belt-thrifted, sunglasses-anthropologie (old), bubble umbrella & tights-target, boots-Swedish Hasbeens 'grunge', bag-liebskind berlin (thrifted), beret-eBay

 SOME STRAY 2020 PERSONAL STYLE NOTES
1. this is my first year wearing clog boots regularly and I am very much loving them
2. white boots are also new to me this year and they make me nervous since I'm a bit clumsy but I do enjoy the statement
3. this year, I am more about matching hats to outfits than I've ever been in my life
4. this year, I'm a bit sick of scarves. It hasn't really been cold enough to wear them most days and I used to wear them a lot more teaching to add more modesty to my chest and no longer teach...
5. I haven't bought anything retail since the New Year, I have been going mostly secondhand and am cutting back considerably on my frequency shopping at Zara and Anthropologie...they are really the only two 'regular' stores I still like.
6. this year, I'm a bit sick of switching out my bags/purses every outfit. On days/posts when I don't have a bag, it's either the one from yesterday or I'm using a tote or boring backpack!
7. this year, I'm branching out a bit more with taller and knee socks
8. this year, my plaid collection is continuing to grown and I'm happy with it
9. this year, I feel really proud that more strangers/people where I go give me compliments on my outfits and it feels so good. Instagram has been helping my confidence as well!
10. this year, I continue to eye 'trends' and move forward doing and wearing what I like! I recommend this highly!

What have you noticed about your fashion this year, even though it's still early? xx


Comments

  1. What a marvelous outfit!! I like all of your color combinations; the use of the red three times and the black three times (counting your hair) really coordinates things. I love how the lace collar in your top, the pleats in the skirt, and the heels on the boots really accent the look. The way you have styled your hair in that braid is also very pretty. You look so nice!!

    I'd love it if my dates would dress this nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.