year 35.


I'm feeling sort of at the age when I struggle to remember which number comes after the 3. Once I turned 30, and shortly after developed Crohns Disease, I just didn't care about my age anymore. I had more of a focus on being healthy and still have that constant itch of wanting to be a mom despite my struggles with my health/body fighting itself (autoimmune disease life is hard, ya'll). 

Never the less, she persisted. I'm getting through it and a large part of my success in reclaiming my life and chasing my dreams is my family, friends, and extremely supportive husband.

I also credit a lot of my happiness to my dog, Axel. He is absolutely a light in my life and I feel sad when I'm away from him too long (like more than 5 hours to be honest).

My friend Jenna sent me these cool 'mood ring' earrings for my birthday! They haven't changed color so far, but I'm going to keep an eye on them and try wearing them for extended periods to see if they change! Even if they don't, I do love a good moon/celestial motif!
One of my fave outfits this month was this teal-centric look with my 80s liz claiborne skirt! I recently had it re-elasticized at my mom's tailor and it was WORTH EVERY PENNY. I'm more obsessed than ever. It's way easier to wear without all the safety pins! (it was over 34' wide and very stretched out/saggy before!)

I did some color play with my green wrap skirt and this teal top earlier, a nice combo. I also tried on these classic sven clogs that I snagged on Poshmark for a total steal recently.
I love the lace up sleeve details on this ballet-ish top and tried it in a new way with these on-trend cargo jeans that I picked up over the Summer at a consignment shop.
Here's one of my fave outfits again...this time with my green suede hat for a bit of extra oomph~
It's the end of the Hawaii macadamia nuts! Sad but tasty. They expire November 1st according to the package, so I baked up one last batch of cookies to use them up while they were still fresh!
I've been wearing my TJ Maxx goosebumps shirts on repeat this month for Spooky Season. I added my neon orange sven clogs for that extra Halloween-y flavor.
This year for Halloween, I was LSP (Lumpy Space Princess) from Adventure Time! Axel was his tried and true Taco Dog! He gets so many compliments on this. It fits him so well!


Here's a throwback to my first birthday with baby Axel! He was obviously, one of the best gifts in history! I love him so much. He's truly an extension of me and my husband and makes our life so much more joyful!

This year, I had a birthday meal of street tacos and happy hour margaritas with a small circle of close friends and family. It was absolutely perfect! I wanna do it again next year!
Here's my updated Foo Fighters patch beret with a heart patch that one of my friends MADE HERSELF! Handmade gifts definitely feel extra special, don't they? xx
 

Comments