A Clog REVIEW: three pairs of NEW Svens for Spring & Summer!


 Hello! Good news, everyone (Futurama reference) Sven reached out to me and wanted to send me some clogs to try out and I couldn't be more excited! Actually, my husband was really excited too and he asked me if he could help unbox (lol). They sent me three totally different and unique pairs which was like a really awesome sampling of clogs. I would like you to know that even though the clogs (and t-shirt) were sent to me as a gift from Sven, the review and opinions that I express in this post are 100% my own.
 FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: gold metallic halter top clogs (medium high) HERE, square accent clogs in holographic HERE, diamond strap clogs in camel smooth leather (medium high) HERE

MY REVIEWS & outfit trying on:

 1. I've already worn these the most even though I just got these yesterday. I'm completely wild and crazy over how the holographic colors change in the light. These are SO comfortable, so true to size, and the adjustable buckle strap makes them really stay on your foot nicely. I wore them a whole day to do errands and I wore them with jeans but when doing outfit trying on, I knew that they would look really cool and unique with my vintage leather skirt I picked up a few months ago!

What I love most about these clogs is the custom fit and perfect mid heel height. I have tried Sven's other heel heights and I DO like the high ones a lot but I have flimsy ankles and am a bit of a spaz and I DO like the low heels too but find that they run big and are a little too clunky for me especially with my high arch. These clogs that I'm wearing in all their Holographic Glory are not stiff at all. They right away were perfect out of the box and fit true to my usual 39 in Sven Clogs. For reference, I am traditionally an 8 in flat shoes and 8.5 in sneakers and heels. I would give these a 10/10

 2. These are deceptively 'basic' but are going to be a lot of fun to wear classic casual looks with and maybe add on some fun ankle bracelets or a wild color pedicure (I want to try vegan polish but more on that another post) to funk them a bit. Honestly, it's really good to have more 'basic' shoes in your collection because they go with everything and are just really easy to outfit plan with. I really love the camel color with super classic denim and I thought this long denim vintage style Gap skirt would set them off nicely and I'm going to wear these two items together a whole bunch, I think! These fit very similarly to the holographic ones. The base is the same, also the mid heel height. The diamond pattern is SO pretty and also uniquely Sven, which I totally appreciate. I love the adjustable buckle as well for that custom fit that doesn't let your foot slip and slide around. These fit great, another 39 and the leather is very giving and easy to wear right out of the box. Another 10/10! I would love to have this style in a bright color too, like yellow. The diamonds are so pretty.  I definitely recommend these as well. I think the backless style sandal clogs are just perfect for Spring and Summer. They are so easy to grab on the go and I think they would be great to wear while flying/traveling also (I hate tying and fussing with shoes at the airport). I think I might have to choose a pair of Svens to travel with on my next trip!
 3. The really cool and all-season-chic halter top clogs were on my radar for a while! I've seen them on a bunch of bloggers and cloggers on the internet and I really liked the style but was afraid they might not fit my feet quite right. I will say that out of the three clogs, these were the only stiff ones. They weren't nearly as stiff as other clogs I've bought from other brands but they definitely feel like they need a little patience and breaking in. They are also on the more narrow side and a bit shorter side so I feel like I should wear tights or peds and practice getting my foot to go all the way in. This could just be a 'me' issue, I don't want to speak for everyone. I definitely love them and they are my size but I'm just not used to the unique style or narrow width quite yet. I'm going to take them out for spins and practice with them more. The strap is SO cute and makes them almost feel like cutout boots. The gold color is super bright, shiny and eye catching. I think these are definitely dressy enough to wear out dancing or to a party. I immediately had the urge to put on my tutu style Zara skirt (from a few years ago) and I love how they look together! Because it is so hot in AZ in the Spring and Summer (it's already in the high 80's and low 90's this week) I probably will wear these only for special events until Fall and Winter. I don't want my feet to get too hot and I like to air out my toes this time of year. I would give these a 9.5/10, I think they would fit better out of the box if I got them in the more giving suede leather or even just a non-metallic or the style with the slits in the sides.



Thank you, thank you, a million thank yous to Sven. They gave me this beautiful trio and also included this super cute Sven T-Shirt! The T-Shirt is a size Large and it's a little big (I'm an XS) but I like to tuck it into my skirts and I think it would be really fun to rep my favorite shoe brand at the gym since I can't go on the treadmill in my clogs...

Which pair is your favorite? Have you ever bought Svens before? Let me know in the comments! xx

Comments

  1. I love them all! I'm such a fan of clogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping my blog! I really love clogs too, some people might say it's a problem how much I love clogs! xx

      Delete
  2. You're convincing me to try out some metallic footwear, holographic even. I do like the style of the third pair, but I am so drawn to the shiny ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Honestly, the holographic ones are my favorite that they sent me! And they are all on sale on the Sven website! They look so awesome with all denim and all white looks and really make just about anything cooler, in my opinion! https://www.svensclogs.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=holographic

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.