colors and confessions.


With October already here, my birthday feels sooner than ever, and I'm honestly looking forward to it a lot. It will mark a major milestone in my healing journey with my surgery way back in my rearview mirror--I'm hoping! Here's a happy look I chose with two of my favorite colors together: hot pink and teal. 
I'm wearing: amazon headband, thrfited sunglasses, thrifted necklace, garage sale tee, poshmark vintage duck belt, poshmark coach bag, tjmaxx skirt, c/o sven clogs

One of my craziest decision in my whole healing process so far, was going with my husband to see my favorite band on Oct 3rd--the Foo Fighters in Phoenix.

The band didn't come on until 9 pm, and I wasn't too keen on the opening band (or missing dinner) so we had Mexican food takeaway with my brother and his gf, and they agreed to watch Axel for howver long we would be at the show, without having to worry. 

The concert parking was overfull--a sold out show--so we parked nearly two miles away and my heels were cracked, bleeding and blistering up a storm on the way from the parking lot to the venue.

I'm only going to wear sneakers to concerts from now on, I am thinking!

Thank goodness I brought a clear bag too and planned that ahead, because I wouldn't have been able to go all the way back to the car with a purse, I was already fighting to catch my breath and battle a hard cramping from rushing to the arena, just as the Foo Fighters started playing 'All My Life' as we walked in...

Above is what I wore! I don't recommend wearing patent leather boots to run 2 miles at any time!

It was definitely one of the best concerts of my life. Absolutely worht all the trouble and exercise. I don't think I've felt that out of breath since I was in high school gym class running the mile or doing Pondo runs for Field Hockey practice.

The Foo Fighters are one of those bands that have always been my favorite, for as long as I can remember. I've had my vintage Foo Fighters tee since I was 18 and found it a Salvation Army in upstate New York. I love the Foo Fighters enough to absolutely want to commit to seeing them again next time they come to Phoenix. They put on a HELL of a show and almost make me want to listen to more heavy metal! Headbanging was SO fun, and worth the neck ache the next day!

They plaid so many classics and previewed some new album songs as well. I'm so pleased and hugely happy with this birthday gift and it was an unforgettable show/night!

Who's your fave musical artist? xx 
 

Comments