days away.

Tomorrow, I start my 24-hour+ fast before my Wednesday surgery. I have a lot of feelings.

I'm eager, anxious, hungry for all the food I've missed eating these five weeks on this restrictive diet.

I feel lucky that my pain will (hopefully)be addressed and treated very soon...lucky for all of the love and support on my side that has been crucial for getting through this!

I've also fallen in more love with fashion, clothing, expressing my style in a way that feels playful and happy during these emotional and trying times in my life. Soon, I will hit 1000 outfits documented on here and my Lookbook. I cannot believe that! Feels pretty wild to me, but also exciting. I enjoy looking back and remembering highs and learning experience looks in my past. Outfits are tied to memories, to feelings, to places and sensory input...
This was my first time wearing my newer Maguba rio wedges out and my mom insists that they are NOT clogs because they are wedges and we got into a friendly debate. I obviously insist that they are clogs--they are wood, they are from Sweden, and they might not be as clip-cloppy but they still have the clog construction and familiarity...what do you think?
I'm wearing: poshmark top (found in a boutique marked 'one of a kind' and it most certainly was NOT), poshmark coldwater creek skirt, eBay coach bucket bag, old anthro sunglasses, maguba (outlet) rio clogs
(above) my mom treated me to a yummy French triple mousse cake and (below), my husband wanted to treat me to one of my fave places for my 'last meal before surgery' since I can't eat for quite a bit after and I have to do the much-dreaded prep with the laxatives and whatnot that I have JUST done for my colonoscopy last month, but ugh, such is life with Crohns!
I had Ahi Tuna and very simple, unseasoned mac n cheese.
I changed into this outfit (above) for dinner because it was over 100 degrees and I was sweaty after a day of running around with my mom and doing some errands like shipping, grabbing lunch, and heading to the tailor for some wardrobe fixes!
I finally found the matching skirt for my Cache beloved vintage jacket! I am pretty disappointed at how off the color is however! It looks like the previous owner left it in the sun to fade! It's at least 2 shades lighter. I'm not sure if I should try to return it or just deal with it...it was a very reasonable price, and it is a perfect fit...what do you think?
& here's a bonus outfit from a weekend brunch that my husband surprised me with! It was lovely. I had an absolutely delicious croissant with smoked salmon.

 Please send me all your love and luck! I have a journey still to go, but I'm feeling strong and ready...for the most part! xx

Comments