national thrift day/week.


I decided to get creative with this white puff sleeve Handmade by Bali thrifted dress by playing some layering dress up! In my head, it is SO short and barely covers the essentials, but in photos, it definitely seems long enough and it's my own weird perception, so I'm going to try to work on that. I do feel like it's made a lot better by wearing a short tulle miniskirt/petticoat beneath it for extra coverage! That was a good idea that came to me after really mulling it over in my closet (I do a lot of thinking in my closet).

I'm also trying to decide if I want to keep this long-time-fave doc martens in My Color. As cool and RARE as they are, they are pretty beat up (by the previous owner, and they also are oddly tight on my calves (are my calves that swoll)?
I would maybe go full turquoise for a gloomy Fall day...(above) but here's what I actually ended up wearing for National Thrift Store Day:




I'm wearing: thrifted veronica beard knit top, poshmark hat and botkier bag, sundance skirt from eBay, moschino sunglasses from poshmark, tessa clogs


..and another succesful Crohn's infusion at my nurses' office.

A look for more labwork/schlepping about to get to the bottom of my current symptoms. This time it is to check that my biologic levels are where they are supposed to be.
Dog walking go-to, denim maxi and old school star wars tee--my neighbor liked it!

Here was more dress up with the Bali Elf dress but this time, with my NEW JUSTIN WHITLEY BOOTS THAT I'm LITERALLY OBSESSED WITH! Apparently they run a WHOLE SIZE small and I sized up from my 8.5 typical size to a 9.5 and they are perfect!!!
I think I actually prefer the vest untucked!

The boots were a bit pricey on Depop, but I sent an offer and she accepted! Plus, I calculated that if I bought them brand new, I would have to buy them from Canada (they are sold out literally eveywhere right now) and just the shipping alone would be around $50 US so that seemed foolish to me.
Sure these are a bit misshapen and wrinkly, but I think I would be able to buff them out and maybe even steam them to get the creases out...it's worth a try in any case. Plus, there are plenty of shoe guys in my neighborhood that I could perhaps seek counsel with to get a newer look. Does the broken-in look seem more classic though? I'm not sure. Worth considering.

I've decided to sell this tried and true anthro dress after about five or six years. I just don't enjoy the fit at all anymore and it damaged for parts. I do really like how it plays off the troentorp nelly clogs I pair it with the most, but there will be other plaid dresses in my past, current, and future closet.
What do you think of these retro y2k cargo pants that I thrifted this week? They are legit police/forest ranger issue by LA Riot Gear! Unfortunately, they do have a bit of a black grease streak on the butt so I'm wondering what I should do about that. These might just be for hiking...we shall see!
I also did a little self care time with my TJ Maxx avocado nose strips to get rid of the tricky corner-nostril zit. Ugh, hate those!xx

 

Comments