end of august...& even more shopping...

Here was a cute outfit in my closet I remixed and am pretty proud of! Definitely going in the outfit-repeat notes. I love how the green of this skirt and bag are an almost-perfect match!
Here was an outfit for more doctors' visits and rigamarole. This time, it was for my eyes, to make sure all is okay with my complex eye history. Thank God, it was and I'm in the clear with my glaucoma and retinas--a HUGE relief!

I got these cute Florence olive (baby poop green if you ask one of my friends) Maguba clogs on Poshmark for around $30 and they are winners! I sized up in this style since it runs small in my experience.

I wore the boots again with this look for girls' brunch and bookshop afternoon and felt very cute and probably too Fall for the 100+ summer weather in Arizona!
Here's another pair of Maguba Clogs that I got on Poshmark for around $25 and the orange is so pretty! They are a perfect fit too. There is something so satisfying to me about t-strap clogs. They are also winners!
I forgot about this cactus charm in my craft box for years before just realizing that it would match this choker my friend gave me 100%! I absolutely love the way this looks together. Another winner!
My husband lets me get some basics from the Gap or Athleta every year to keep the credit card in rotation and I carfefully choose items that I feel like would be long-term closet staples that I can love for years. Here's what I picked this time!
This floor-length retro denim maxi skirt and this keyhole back fitted tee
This ankle length olive cargo skirt is something I've dreamed of for MONTHS
And most unexpectedly, lastly, this shiny gold tiered dress that fits GREAT and has a fun back detail. I wasn't sure about this one but my cart had to be over $100 to save the 40% and get free shipping, so it was between this or a mini leopard dress. This just seemed more unique and glamorous! I'm happy with my choice.
Here's what I wore to head to the bakery and consignment shop on the weekend. We also checked out a few yard sales.

I got these cargo anthropologie jeans (my jeans collection is really stacking up whew) and this DREAM embroidered floral sheer/lined Sundance fancy dress of my absolute fantasies. I'm obsessed with it! And of course it's my mom's least favorite of my recent purchases because she just has such a different style/taste than me! It's funny actually. I'm definitely going to bring this dress on my next trip!





I was also able to get an additional discount from the manager because it had significant pulling throughout the arms and a pinkie-sized hole in one sleeve that I was able to stitch up myself (carefully) within a few minutes! It is barely noticeable due to the embroidery, so that's yet another WIN!

 I know it seems like I've been practically binge-shopping/spending these past couple months and that was never my intention and I would certainly not condone doing this. All I can say in response of any critique or judgement is that I am dealing with an excruciatingly difficult, painful time in my life right now that consists of more medical turmoil and bodily betrayal that I've dealt with since the onset of my Crohns. I feel like channeling my frustration and sadness into my closet, wardrobe, and fashion has provided a lot of comfort and inspiration for me in these dark times. Maybe it's the capitalism eating me up inside, but I really feel pleased with how my current wardrobe is shaping up and all of the amazing fashion finds I have treated myself to or been treated to by my husband and family. I am very grateful for the people supporting me and the things keeping me from lying in a fetal position in my own tears on the daily.  

Do you ever feel like you shop too much or stress shop?

What's your favorite thing that I've found recently? xx

Comments