some shopping, some shine and spots.

My husband and I did a combo day of TJ Maxx and the Plato's Closet next door and we found some goodies (for both of us).
I got this super retro Aristocat Disney tee that I thought was adorable from Plato's Closet (looks like they are making a remake/live action or that creepy cat animated a la Garfield sometime soon). I got this dreamy slip skirt by Nicole Miller from TJ Maxx. It is MY COLOR and the perfect not-too-skintight fit for me! I think I'm mostly going to have to wear it on cool days though because it is very delicate to wash (it says hand wash) but I'd rather wash it as little as possible to make it last!
I also got this super puff-mama sleeved top that has a cute tie back feature! I love it

Check out this classic Goosebumps mens' tee that I couldn't help but feel like I needed for the spooky season and just to lounge around in, wear to the gym or with bike shorts for a hike!

Below, you can see the clearance trio of butterfly clips I snagged at tjmaxx to relive my middle school days but slightly more adult? The tortoiseshell is a nice touch.


I tried a few poses and spots to capture this basic but very 'me' outfit that I've worn in quite a few iterations this Summer!




I wore: polka dot dress from Savers, etsy yin yang bag, tessa clogs, etsty choker, stella mccartney thrifted sunglasses, butterfly clip from tj maxx

I wore this during the day and swapped out my velvet 90s tank top for a casual (and SUPER cool retro star wars) tee for night dog walkies and grocery run!


I got this dress years ago with my grandma in NY and it's held up pretty well. It's from Italy. It is delicate though and I have had to add some stitches where the top is sewn to the bottom part to secure it after a lot of washes and wearing!
These pants are another 'power piece' in my closet. I absolutely love them and pretty sure they are up to 30 wears or damn close! I got them on the anthro clearance sale last summer.
I wore: stella mccartney sunglasses, thrifted top, etsy bag, anthro pants,

I absolutely was not actively seeking out ANOTHER pair of eight second angel heart boots...but...these were SO gorgeous and the seller took my $40 offer...so how could I NOT? I did wish they were white rather than cream, but I do feel like they are 'different' enough to validly claim a spot in my growing boot collection...
 
Plus you CANNOT deny that they are a match made in heaven with the above recently scored red vintage David's Bridal dress I also got on Poshmark. It was my favoirte Goodwill find ever years ago in white (so marilyn monroe!) but it was too small, so I sized up and decided the red was probably more my color anyway!

You also can't tell me that the boot display I resorted is not SUPER aesthetically pleasing...I'm really enjoying this display right now! What do you think? Which pair is your fave? xx


 


Comments