end of a month/end of an era.



You've seen this look already at least twice most likely...my reliable tj maxx dress and rainbow tessa clogs!
My brother's friend very kindly gave me these fancy chocolate chips from a factory he visited while doing food journalism (he's a cameraman!) and so I had to bake cookies with them for everyone!
They were super good. I'm definitely going to indulge in spending a bit extra for these chocolate chips once in a while, I think!
I made it to my second Poshmark Live party in old town, Scottsdale and it was super fun! I went with my bestie and she even won the raffle! They had some good appetizers and charcuterie and two cocktails included in our tickets. We were still hungry and bought some food from the restaurant after staying about an hour and draining our social batteries.
I got a really tasty shrimp spaghetti. Also, my friend pointed out that I blended in with the decor and even the lighting was MY color!
I was really proud of this 'dreaming of fall' outfit below featuring a recently thrifted Bali Elf bougie dress that I thrifted for $20. I guess these dresses are typically over $100 new and handmade from organic cottons and linens. Good stuff! Supposedly they are also a big deal in the slow fashion community? I will have to really keep it in my closet for a long time to see how it stacks up to other cotton dresses that I have in my collection.
I made a low offer for this Coach Rexy rare holo keychain and the seller accepted my bid! I was so happy because it is SO hard to find these things for less than fifty dollars! They are super collectible. Rexy is definitely my favorite Coach collection, I would say!

I also bought my black tube top in teal on Poshmark since I was getting so much wear out if and really loved the fit! I paired it with my recently scored Mother jeans (my first pair!) from the anthro clearance event earlier this month.

I don't want to write or say too much about Sophie the toy poodle other than, shit, I miss her. It was extremely hard and super sad to say goodbye. She gave us 16 years full of so much love and affection (above). She was SUCH a good girl. Truly one of the best! Axel really loved her too. She was one of the last pieces of my New York life too...it's weird to really feel that chapter of Sophie and Piper truly end. It feels like the loss of an era and a pet and a family member and a part of my parents' home that made it more of a home...it's all just really sad and it's going to take a while to feel peace with her loss. RIP, old gal!

I saw 'Hairspray' on Broadway at ASU Gammage! I wore my fifties style dress and brought a jacket in case it was cold (it wasn't really cold). Watching 'Hairspray' in 2023, it was almost impossible to feel comfortable with the extent that racism/white savior-ism played in the script and musical numbers. I took it on myself after the show when I was reflecting to read several articles from different perspectives on the dated and offensive instances within the musical. (each link goes to a separate article that I read)


 One of my guilty pleasures is Pei Wei delivery when I have that junk food craving for the kind of chinese takeaway I grew up with on Long Island. xx

Comments