ending May with some looks.

Here was my outfit to see (a niche) Adult Puppet Show parody of the 80s movie 'Alien.' You probably know that I love a theme, so I took some eighties inspo for my big-shoulder-pad-focused outfit for the night out downtown Phoenix. 
I wore: vintage hat, thrifted dress, secondhand coach x pacman bag (mercari), gifted sven clogs (laser leather), old pac sun glasses



Here was a basic brunch outfit and what felt like but maybe wasn't (?) my first time wearing a band tee under overalls. It was something I saw others do a lot, but I haven't actually done it myself, at least, not any time recently or in my ootd blogging archives... I would do it again! It was easy and fun. A bit hippie but in a good way, I think.

Sublime tee from my mom and overall dress is vintage, from Poshmark. These Sven Clogs were gifted and are a Summer 2023 style that is a great dupe for Birkenstock but in my opinion WAY more comfortable and versatile. 

Here I am in another pair of gifted Sven Clogs, these are an older style with a green hat and thrifted dress from Hawaii that I love for Summer. It's very easy-breezy!

I'm proud of myself for repotting this lucky bamboo from a few years ago that has really taken off! It's huge! My husband pushed me to find a new pot and we went with this $1 charity shop vase that suits it pretty well! It's kind of weird to see the roots, but I don't hate it. It's artsy, right?
My sister said these shoes and skirt together give off Lisa Frank energy, and I can't disagree!
Later, I swapped out the clogs for slip-ons and changed into a diff t-shirt to make thrifting smoother.

&...
I found 2 things! An amazing 50's inspired gingham-and-cherries dress AND the cult-following Levis Ribcage jeans! Both were new with tags and SUPER reasonably priced at Plato's Closet. Major score, in my opinon. Quality over quantity! 
I'm not into BIG 'hauls.' I don't even use the word 'hauls' with my thrifting or in videos. It's about intentionally adding things to either my personal closet or to resell because I am passionate about the items and see them as filling a true NEED rather than more of a 'trend pressure' thought.

Like, everyone is wearing blazers, so I need to thrift a blazer? No. I hate blazers (on me). I am at a good place in my life where I truly feel aware of what I actually enjoy having in my wardrobe and on my body. I know my preferences and my size. I can weigh risk and reward if it is something I am unsure about by investing in less things that are higher quality and easier to resell if I decide I won't wear them--this happened with me a few months ago with a vintage 90s silk tunic and pants set that I wore twice and resold for twice as much as I thrifted them for.

So I actually wore this outfit once a while ago but it definitely needed to be repeated AND photographed, because I LOVE THIS COMBO SO MUCH! I wore: eBay beret, thrifted tee, xmas gift tote, thrifted belt, topshop skirt from poshmark, gifted Sven Clogs
I got a lot of compliments on this funky and a little wild pairing on Instagram

I pushed myself but also wore some of my favorite pieces with this top that I am not as confident about (it's just harder to style than I thought originally and the silhouette isn't my fave)

I wore: poshmark top, thrifted skirt, vintage hat, etsy choker, ted baker purse, justin boots from eBay (vintage)



& here was the top restyled for a date night look with my new Levis and my floral clogs
I also COULDN'T stop binge-listening to this wacky true crime podcast this week. It was so crazy and salacious. Definitely recommend it! It's not violent or gruesome at all either, just a real dramatic and intense police-robber-drama! xx
 

Comments