saying goodbye.

This week hsa been extremely heavy and sad.
Here's the last outfit I wore for a style challenge before we had to say goodbye to our cat, Kairi. I'm still gutted and will take a short break from posting outfits for at least a few days. It's been really emotional.
I wore: anthropologie dress (old), vintage 80s blouse, necklace as tie, amazon socks, thrifted hat, 90s basket bag from psohmark, calou stockholm boots (outlet)
My outfit was loosely inspired by Little House on the Prairie and while googling the fashion I stumbled across this 'Observer' article that made me laugh a bit and also re-examine the show from my childhood. I never really watched it as an adult, just bits and pieces as my husband or mother-in-law enjoy rewatching it and yes, it is truly grotesque in many story lines!


I wore: secondhand uo sweater, secondhand target dress, old minnetonka hat, old amazon tights, gifted sven shearling clogs
I wore my cat tights in honor of Kairi and mostly black, I was sad and things looked bleaked for the whole 24-hours leading up to saying goodbye. She was fading fast and it was devastating to watch her become such a shell of her former self.

Just a few days ago, the four of us (me, my husband, Axel and her) were all happily on the couch, watching 'the Bachelor' like any typical week. It all happened so fast!


Goodbye, sweet kitten! You are with your brother now. We miss you so much already. Both of you are still in our hearts! Love you xx
(Roxus is left, Kairi is right, RIP! So sad to say goodbye to these cuties)
 

Comments