what did I pack/wear in Hawaii?


My Coach backpack was my bag for thrifting, flying, and longer excursions. 
You can kind of see my thifted dress here! I wore it towards the end of my trip. I bought it in Hawaii with one other dress. More on those later.
My formal sequin dress with my scarf and silver sven clogs for anniversary dinner. 
A thrifted dress (worn twice on the trip) with my reebok high tops and heart bag for a day of walking, eating, and the most shopping we did all week. 
There were times that I wished my hat had a chin strap (the winds were kind of crazy during some of the trip) but I actually got several compliments on my hat!
The color of my Tessa Clogs definitely fit in with the bright island vibes of Hawaii. 
I wore my leopard print skirt twice. Here it is with a sheer top layered over a cami and my tessa clogs. 


I wore my little sailor top over my red dress with my doc martens for a day of exploring. My doc martens are my favorite travel shoes when I KNOW I'll do a lot of walking, it probably will rain, and terrain might be rocky. They are even really great for baby hikes/beginner hikes and walking several miles on cobblestone and other types of terrain that are not clog-friendly (sadly). 

I wore my vintage Hawaiian dress twice! I mixed it up the second time by putting this blousy top over for our Luau. I felt great in it. Added the silver sven clogs to jazz it up. 
Here's the leopard skirt again with a black cami and denim shirt and tessa clogs.


What did I pack clothing wise for 8 days?

-2 pairs of pjs

-1 swimsuit

-1 denim shirt

-3 short sleeve shirts and 3 tank tops

-1 gym shorts

-2 biker shorts (for gym or under dresses chafing)

-1 crossbody bag (the heart)

-1 backpack

-1 carry on suitcase

-1 skirt

-4 casual dresses

-1 formal dress

-2 pairs of clog sandals

-1 pair of doc martens

-1 pair of sneakers

-1 raincoat

-1 leather jacket 

-lotsa socks and undies, 1 sports bra, 1 regular

-2 pairs of sunglasses


What would I have packed differently?

I should've brought 2 skirts instead of 1, you truly do end up wearing 2 outfits a day in the humidity and hot temperature of the islands!

I should've just packed 1 pair of clogs, they are really impractical in the cobblestone streets of Hawaii and the types of excursions we did were not clog-friendly. I would have subbed a pair of clogs for water-friendly sporty sandals. Maybe my lazy oaf x melissa kickoffs! 

I should've packed an umbrella for the unexpected sun exposure waiting for a boat back to the ship.

THAT'S IT!

Overall, I think I did a really good job packing! I did end up thrifting 2 dresses in Hawaii that I wore during the trip because I ran out of clothes earlier than expected and laundry takes longer to dry in the humidity. I would also bring a hanger next time to hang up laundry from the ship that I wash by hand. One of the keys to bringing only a carry-on suitcase worth of clothes on trips, especially more than 3 days, is to expect to do laundry once or twice! I don't mind doing it at all. I hate checking bags! I also don't mind outfit repeating or getting creative with remixing a small travel capsule when traveling. Nobody really cares  or notices if you wear the same dress 3 times in 8 days! I did it! 

I did read recommendations and suggestions for packing for Hawaii and I do like the idea of packing lots of brighter and bolder colors and patterns to vibe with the islands. I got a lot of compliments on my all red look from the locals! I also got tons of compliments on my floral doc marten boots. They are such a good investment piece! Once you break in your unique docs, they are ready to travel the world, in my opinion. Way more personality than the 'dad sneakers' everyone else wears on social media too. 


What do you like to travel with? Do you ever go on cruises? What do you think of my outfits? xx
 

Comments