it's ok to be bold.


As a woman over 30, I am used to be being told my magazines and media that I should have a 'mom haircut' or 'wear sensible' and 'classic' outfits like basic jeans and t-shirt with maybe some loafers or driving moccs. That's just not my style. I don't see myself with a bob haircut anytime soon or a capsule closet. I don't see myself ever saying goodbye to pattern clashing, a closetful of colorful shoes, hats, and all the plaids my heart dreams of. This 'dopamine dressing' spike has given me a lot of joy and inspiration. It has encouraged me to be bold when I feel like it. I have the agency to dress how I see fit and how I am given joy, as do all women (and men, and nonbinary/folx). It feels liberating to pick something rainbow out of my closet and instead of picking one 'focus color' trying two or three within the rainbow piece. This has been a more recent joyful-dressing-formula that I have really found a lot of happiness with following! Even if it is the kind of day when the furthest I go is a couple of miles walking my dog with my husband, I feel fabulous, and that matters! 

Having a chronic illness with an unfortunate number of bad days every year (sometimes every month), makes it even more important to seize and follow the joy, and getting dressed to feel good about yourself is a great tool of expression!





I'm wearing: thrifted dress-as-top, cache jacket, thrifted belt, eBay hat and skirt, tights from amazon, gifted neon orange sven clogs (on clearance right now)
Over the weekend, I got a BIG old box from Sven Clogs that I was absolutely ecstatic about and so grateful for! The first (above) were these lug-soled chunky shearling boots that I was dreaming about and asked for. They included some others that were a mystery to me but I was so chuffed by what they picked out! What a great assortment of wintery clogs for me to enjoy!

From left to right: purplish fuzzy inside clogs, tall lug sole boots, ankle shearling boots, black slip on clogs with dark brown base and lug sole, and a gorgeous green pair of boots you saw in my last outfit post! (*gifted)
The other night, I took my tall shearling boots out for their first adventure to a family dinner at my parents' house (below) I wore my anthro denim shirt with an old 90s dress from my sister and coach outlet bag from years ago. My husband grilled steaks and my brother's partner made some delicious veggie sides. 

I also brought over my first 2-ingredient cheesecake for my family to try and it was a BIG hit! I am so sold on this recipe. You MUST try it if you love cheesecake but not all the work of a traditional one or the very heavy cream cheese based ingredients in most American cheesecakes! This recipe was not that hard, although a bit stressful since you can't 'watch' the cheesecake steam since it's covered the whole time! I was nervous but it was definitely worth it! I'm adding it to my dessert rotation along with chocolate mousse, marble cake, marble cookies, sugar cookies, and bread pudding! 


What's your favorite thing to cook or bake? Which of my new clogs do you like the most? xx
 

Comments