a clog review: FROM SWEDEN! Calou Stockholm/ Syster Jane

 

Up first: Syster Jane/currently sold on Calou Stockholm website (it's the sister brand but isn't as prominent anymore as it was before, Calou is the main focus as of 2022). 

I tried on a few styles but this pair really screamed my name. The colors and metallic sheen are just stunning. They are super comfy and low heel. All of the Calou Stockholm and Syster Jane clogs use artificial wood soles (except for the original ribbon tie style) so they are a lot more lightweight and not 'clompy' as traditional wooden clogs.

This particular leather style is unique and they only had less than a handful made so these were very generously, a gift to me! I love them so much.

If you love them too and want to get the look in different colors, this style is called the Diana and comes in brown, black and leopard print leather uppers for $130 USD here


Next up: The amazing BEA boots that I've dreamt of for years (I saw them in turquoise and fell in love and still kick myself for not getting them when I could've). 
I felt super lucky to be able to try on a couple of sizes in the actual studio and these 39's fit me perfectly! This style runs roomier so while I would be a 40 in most of their boots, the 39 is ideal for me in this style (I'm a true USA 8.5)
The brown is a gorgeous multi-hued style leather in lush and soft material. The heel is chunky but modest and I loved these enough to actually wear them walking about town! They are one of the most comfy pairs of shoes I've ever had in my life. I am in love! DEFINITELY get these if you can! And make sure to ask if you are unsure your size or between sizes because the owners are very easy to talk to and super helpful with sizing and style advice.
Here's a peek inside the studio! Look at all these gorgeous clogs!

Summary: 

I admired these clogs for awhile and clogs are definitely difficult to shop for online since different bases can effect sizing dramatically. I'm a 38, 39, or 40 depending on the brand and the bases, just for reference.

As far as Calou Stockholm goes, I would 100% recommend them to anyone who loves clogs, lush leathers, unique designs and small businesses that care about sustainability and comfort. These shoes are meant to LAST. They have the look of wood clogs without the heft/weight and are perfect to travel with since they are so packable. 

The owners are absolutely lovely and kind, extremely pleasant to chat with and I love supporting genuine, good people. 


Have you tried Calou Stockholm? Would you? Which styles do you like? I'm also highly tempted to get the lace up ankle boots in navy that I tried on (a style from a couple of years ago) but I want to try wearing these two pairs for at least a few weeks first and see how they do! xx

The ones that got away--these beautiful Bea boots in a lush turquoise (sold out in this color)
Snag a pair in black, gray, or a lovely medium green this year! And please, if you EVER see a pair in a 39 in this color, tell me and I will buy them! 

Comments