shark week.

Why not make shark week EVEN more exciting with my first DIY on my blog? I am far, far, far, from a DIY Queen but I do have skills and a knack with shoes and clogs so most of my successful DIYs were shoe related! This one is one of my favorite DIYs I've ever done. Here are all the EASY steps I did to do my DIY!
1. Buy a pair of clearance baby pink ballet inspired heels from Aldo 4 years ago for $25 on Amazon. They are currently $18 in size 7.5 HERE and you may be able to find them on eBay or Poshmark! 

2. Wear Aldo ballet pumps until the baby pink is horribly stained (and has been brushed out to no avail) and the ribbons go completely ratty after 3.5 years.
3. Leave sitting in your closet for six months and debate whether or not you want to sell them in As-Is condition.
4. Decided that you don't have any navy shoes at all and already have Navy Leather Dye (buy HERE) so why not try to refresh your Aldo pumps you used to love so much?
5. Using a sponge brush, cover the pumps in 3 coats of navy dye and realize that it worked great!
6. Remember that one of your favorite things about the original shoes was the satin tie ribbon. Locate the absolute perfect and super CHEAP satin shoelaces HERE and wait 3 weeks for them arrive.
7. Relace shoes with new ribbons and marvel at how cheap ($14 for ribbons and dye) this complete shoe makeover was that gave an old fave new life! 







 So the front looks a bit wonky in the pics but since these pics I have given them a bit of a touch up around the edges, they look pretty well covered now! Also, please note that this is a super easy shoe makeover that can be done with any heels or flats for that ballet look! The original pumps came with two little loops on either side mid foot that would be easy to sew in if you wanted. There is also leather dye and satin ribbon laces available in SO many colors so the sky is the limit (even metallics!). This would be a super cute DIY for bridesmaids too...I'm probably going to wear these all the time now that they are fresh and restyled! Hope you enjoy.
Don't get bit by sharks! xx

Comments