disney in the desert.


 I can't even begin to express how THRILLED I am that I finally got clearance for my new medicine that I was in limbo for up until this morning! This week has had a lot of ups and downs but today definitely feels like a fresh start. Last night was wonderful also--we had some good friends over for homemade lobster rolls! My husband really nailed the recipe and they were great, very doable at home for so much less money than that Cousin's Lobster Truck that cruises around town!
Here is the actual breakdown: $16.50 for one lobster roll from the food truck.
2lbs of already pulled and chopped lobster (frozen) from Costco: $26.50. That fed all 4 of us with enough meat leftover for at least 3-4 lobster rolls for next batch. That brings the per person to about: $4 per lobster roll for the meat. The buns were pretty cheap, celery and mayo were already on hand. Again, don't think lobster NEEDS to break the bank! It would be great for July 4th too! We definitely felt boujier than usual having lobster rolls in the desert with some sparkling ale last night!
 I'm definitely showing more skin than usual today, mainly because it is a whopping 120 degrees as I type! Can you believe it? Not even July yet! I got this bow shoulder top about a week ago and think it looks pretty cute with high waisted bottoms since I'm not really a crop top kinda lady. I was originally going to wear clogs as usual but decided to wear my special occasion boots because I feel like a bad ass with my medicine finally starting soon! I'm so relieved! I got my new Disney X Coach Mickey 'Patricia' saddle bag this morning in the mail and I am IN LOVE. It still had the price tag, all the Coach packaging and care instructions and it was originally $430---I got it for SO MUCH LESS IT'S CRAZY BUT I DON'T WANT TO BRAG! It's definitely a little smaller than I though it would be but it does still fit my wallet, keys, phone, and chapstick. It is too small to squeeze in my purell, coin purse, gift card wallet, and sunglasses. It is definitely the perfect size for actually Disney Parks and would be great to travel with too since I don't need as many things on me when I'm travelling. I think the color is a great neutral too. I wanted the yellow at first but I just don't think I would use it as much as. I don't have any brown purses right now-- I think my bag hunting days are done, it feels like I have a really well rounded selection of purses right now.
I'm wearing: top-Marshall's, skirt-thrifted, bag-Coach X Disney (here) bought on eBay, boots-corral (buy HERE)






 Please, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and I'd love to know if you have any July 4th plans! I'm not doing a whole lot but we are doing a drive up north next weekend to see my in-laws so that should be nice! xx


Comments

  1. Oh man that outfit is so adorable! I like seeing you wear the ultra-feminine skirt because it makes me feel more confident to wear something like that too, because there's power in multiples apparently. I say go ahead and brag about every item you score a deal on! I love hearing about thrifting/second-hand deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yeah the skirt is super girly but I like it and definitely recommend wearing skirts like this because they mix it up a little. My skirt was NWT for $10 at Savers, I got the boots half price on a Black Friday Deal and my bag was $100 plus shipping but it's a collectible and still had the ($400) tags on it and all the Coach packaging from the store. xx

      Delete
    2. Well I just ordered a similar skirt, in black, so I will soon be wearing an outfit like yours! :D Gotta bust out my cowboy boots too. I think if you can manage to wear them in triple digit heat, then I should wear mine when it's hovering around 90º.

      Delete
    3. Yay, can't wait to see! Definitely get out your cowboy boots. They are the best besides clogs in my biased opinion :D xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.