greenery.


 Today's #simplystyledmay prompt is 'greener days ahead' which I interpreted by best of green fashion items! This is definitely a very basic outfit but suited me since I don't have a whole lot planned. Tomorrow is my fast for my colonoscopy on Wednesday early morning so my energy is somewhat low. Mothers' Day was great last night--my husband and I spent a few hours hanging with my mom and dad (who were both very wiped out from all my sister's graduation festivities) so we had a very low key home cooked meal (by my dad) and my husband surprised my mom with her favorite dessert--home made whoopie pies! It was his first time ever making them and they came out AMAZING! He also made the smart decision to use whipped cream instead of the saccharine typical filling (marshmallow fluff, sugar, butter, cream cheese, ect.) which made the dessert way more summery and light! It was awesome. We had a really nice time!

 I spent a lot of time writing a message to my mom on the card trying to express just how much I appreciate her and all of her support though my life, especially since my Chrohn's Diagnosis this past year. It has been so hard! I hope I can carry that mom-support I was given on to my own future kids one day.
 I'm wearing: hat- nordstrom rack, top-thrifted, jeans-blank nyc, clogs- eric michael 'nova' (eBay)




My shoes match my pants perfectly. I love when I get the color right in an outfit! I know this is really simple and doesn't really have a ton of excitement to it but it suits the challenge and sometimes you just need to show that you can be basic sometimes, right? What's your go-to basic type of look? What color green do you prefer? I personally love and always loved army green/olive green! xx

Comments

  1. I like that your shoes and pants match color. I feel extra special when I coordinate my socks to my pants, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.