school spirit.


Happy Friday and last day of January, which I am like, good riddance! January kind of sucked for me, I'm over it!
Today I'm doing my best Hogwarts pep rally or semi final vibe with my silver skirt that I am highly debating whether or not I can justify keeping since I am largely clueless on what to wear it with...we all have our challenges. I also hated that the waistband was not elastic and is too big on me but now I'm beginning to think it's a good thing because I can fold it over, belt it, wear it on my bloated days, ect....
Do you like silver skirts? How do you wear them???


I last wore my Hogwarts sweatshirt HERE with the same hat!
I last wore my silver skirt HERE with a Champagne Tee for NYE!
I last wore my platform ankle strap clogs HERE with my favorite outfit of January!





 I'm wearing: sweatshirt: thrifted, skirt-poshmark (romeo and juliet couture), beret-Miss Patina, sunglasses-anthropologie (old), pearls: thrifted, clogs-Loeffler Randall X Sven Clogs (eBay)
 Happy Friday and last day of January!
Here's looking ahead to more healthiness and more happiness in the month that's around the corner...xx


Comments

  1. Love this top with that skirt. Feel better Melissa.
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made the skirt work. The tie dye effect on it is gorgeous! Hope February is better for you!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is awesome!! My attention keeps going to the skirt, as I have to look at it closely to figure out the design. I find this outfit interesting in several ways. The skirt pairs perfectly with both the ultra-casual t-shirt and the preppier shoes. It is a superb transition piece. Then, the shoe makes me think of summer, yet you are wearing long sleeves and a winter hat. Another great transitioning effect of the skirt, with the midi length. In addition, the skirt and (especially) shoes combination somehow adds elegance and makes a statement without really being dressed up. Quite interesting. The heel is a wonderful accent, especially to the skirt, yet also fits with the casual vibe. The shoes are the finishing touch that show that you really wanted to look nice. And you definitely do look nice.

    Great look for celebrating the end of a bad month.

    I wish the women I date would put a little effort into looking nice as you did here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a pattern on the skirt, it's just intentionally meant to look distressed or tarnished like how real silver (the metal) gets! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. That is interesting. Not to be funny, but it looks like a gorilla, I was thinking like a Hogwarts mascot. I looked that up just now briefly, it sounded like a college, but I know nothing about Harry potter, though I wasn't too far off LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.