Winona Forever.

 High School Me would be SO proud of this outfit! Winona Ryder is an absolute icon of mine and complete 90s legend, no if's and or buts! I just love her so much, especially as Lydia Deetz in 'Beetlejuice' so this tee was a perfect Christmas Present from my husband!

Most of my outfit is thrifted for the 'thrifted chic style challenge' 3-day round on Instagram, feel free to check it out and join in!

I last wore my plaid skirt HERE for xmas with an 'ugly' Star Wars Sweater!
I last wore my vintage star studded jacket AND leather hat HERE with some leopard!
I last wore my ballet-inspired clogs HERE with a velvet dress for sale in my closet!

 I'm wearing: hat-minnetonka, jacket-wilsons leather (poshmark), tee-hot topic, skirt-target (thrifted), tights-target (old), clogs-Sven X Loeffler Randall (eBay), glasses-dolce & gabanna 






 I can't even express how many years I've been looking for this exact skirt...it is completely perfect and I love it so much, it is one of my favorite thrifted items ever and I know I've said it before but can you believe these clogs were $35 on eBay?!? I wanted the Vivienne Westwood 'Rocking Horse' ones for ages but when these popped up I knew they were just as great, if not better, because they are made by one of my favorite brands ever, Sven Clogs!
My jacket was also one of those things I've been searching for for quite a long time. I love star motifs and silver usually draws me more than gold. My husband really hates this jacket but I absolutely love it and I even brought it to Europe last Spring. It's definitely very 80's but without the shoulder pads so I think it holds up pretty well and it was in such great condition when I got it, I was very impressed with how new it feels. It's also pretty warm and does the trick for AZ winters quite well.

High School Me would have loved this outfit so much because it definitely speaks to my grunge/punk/pop culture-loving teen self and I still find myself loving a lot of the same things I used to. I find as I get older and since starting instagram and my blog last year, I tend to fluctuate between three main style profiles: grunge/retro, southwestern/boho, and girly/colorful. Sometimes a blend of these too! It's great to not feel boxed in or like you have to be one style. I'm grateful for the community and the support that I've found online and I hope to go into 2020 with even more success & self-discovery!

Did you have a nice weekend?
I'm SO happy I kicked this sinus thing that was plaguing me since NYE! xx


Comments

  1. Such a fun outfit! I love that plaid skirt and your clogs were such a great bargain!
    Happy New Year
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.