cozy grays.


 Today was definitely a cozy winning over glamorous (and flattering) type of style day. This sweater is probably 2 sizes too big but I just love it and it's so perfect for those morning chills we get in the desert.
I also finally decked out my bow docs with my new Miss Patina cat lace charms I got on Black Friday!

I last wore my turtleneck button sweater HERE  with a cute short skirt and cowboy boots!
I last wore my white doc martens HERE right before Thanksgiving!
I last wore my long mixed print dress HERE with a different sweater and some (sold) OTK boots!

 As 2020 comes close, my husband and I talked about our finances and looking to collectively spend less and enjoy the things we have more in the year ahead.

It just makes the most sense, and it would be great for me to put more money into expanding my Poshmark business and curating the best stock I can get, rather than trading in my clothes when I get a bit bored or falling victim to pressure for the latest trends and 'must haves' even if they are not really my personal style or in my comfort level.
I ended up selling a lot of my boots on Poshmark because I just would rather wear Doc Martens and clog boots, cowboy boots and the occasional Uggs when I'm being completely honest with myself. Why buy or thrift for ankle booties, leopard print styles, hiking styles, designer rain boots when they just aren't true to what I am drawn to?
I'm proud of myself for never falling to the LuLuRoe trends or leggings as pants or athleisure popularity, not because I hate any of them or judge anyone else for wearing them but they don't make ME happy.
I know my style is different and not for everybody but it is for me and it gives me a lot of purpose and joy during an uncertain time in my life as I am still getting used to working from home as a full time reseller for the first time in my life, with a still-new Chronic Illness that often depletes my energy and occasionally, my drive to do anything other than stay in bed (due to flare up symptoms).




 I'm wearing: cat beret-miss patina, turtleneck sweater-thrifted, dress-anthropologie (maeve), socks (otk)-poshmark, boots-dr marten, shoe charms-miss patina, aviators-ray-ban (borrowed)
Do you have any shopping or spending goals or expectations for the new year? Let me know in the comments! xx

Comments