casual Monday.

 Another SUPER hot day in the desert but I did enjoy spending some quality with my favorite modeling toy poodle, Sophie at my parents' house.
I last wore my olive green tee HERE with my favorite denim shorts and my circle bag.
I last wore my Hudson jeans HERE in a watermelon-infused outfit!
My cat bag came out to play (also with Sophie) HERE with my black dress and pink Svens for a classy pink & black theme look.

I also saw a movie yesterday with my dad!
We saw 'Sword of Trust' and honestly, it was entertaining and NOT terrible (in both of our humble opinions). I thought the 6/10 was overly harsh. It definitely 'passed' for me! I would give it more of a 7 or 7.5/10. It was largely forgettable and I wouldn't exactly recommend seeing it, especially in a movie theater (we had matinee prices) but we totally had a few laughs and were pretty interested in the plot for the most part. The characters were very goofy and over the top and made for some enjoyable comedic moments and scenes, especially in the Pawn Shop itself. I guess I would call it a dark comedy/adventure movie that it is LGBTQ+ supportive and pokes A LOT of fun at people that are pro-Confederate and believe the South one the Civil War, a pretty troubling population, but that's all I'll say without giving anything away if you DO decide to go see it! I will say, it would be a good airplane or traveling movie to watch to pass some time. I 100% voted to see this film in favor of 'Yesterday' because I am really not a 'Beatles' fan and the concept of that movie really pains me and screams overdone/cliche and I'm just not going to ever see it. 

 So here I am posing for some pics with my favorite Toy Poodle. She is such a sweet dog!
I'm wearing: olive tee-anthropologie, sunglasses-balenciaga, jeans-hudson, bag-kate spade clogs-lotta from stockholm


I will also quickly say that I buy most of my clogs secondhand including these Lotta from Stockholms. They were not in the greatest ever shape when I first got them on eBay and have gotten worse after just a few wears. I decided to subscribe to the hype and try Shoe Goo for the first time---and WOW! I've heard so many good things, and it pretty much smells and feels like rubber cement (like the kind I used in art class) so definitely use it outside or in a very ventilated room! It was so successful in reattaching the rubber to the wood on the heels of my clogs that I am now swearing by it and have used it since getting it a few days ago to do little repairs for 4 different pairs of shoes! It's amazing. $5 for such a quick and easy fix is SO much better than going to a cobbler or even worse, buying new shoes entirely.

My next shoe hack I'm going to try next week is shoe stretching spray for my amazing western boots that are too tight in the toe box (but I refuse to give up).
More on that when I test it out!
I was so casual (and possibly boring) today because I had so many errands to run. I even missed the first day of the 'color our closet' color challenge (it was pink, damn it!) but I will back tomorrow with a more glamorous post, hopefully! xx

Comments