on the dot.

Today's prompt is 'on the dot' for #simplystyledjuly so here we have yet another black summer look! This dress is not really suitable for AZ in the summer but it does fill the challenge (I honestly have no other polka dot things in my closet) and it's not too bad in the air conditioner! I'm spending some extra time with my parents' toy poodle Sophie and she is just the sweetest. I can't believe she's already getting to be an old lady...they got her when I went away to college in 2006...crazy how time flies by. I'm really loving black and pink together (partly because of my cat bag). The combo reminds me of my ballerina days and makes me feel girly but also grown up.
You probably know or suspect that I love velvet (yesterday my corset/vest was velvet) and this dress has velvet cuffs, a velvet collar, and velvet swiss dots all over! The top part is totally sheer (the skirt is lined) so it's fun to try it with different silhouette camisoles under.






 I'm wearing: necklace-thrifted, pin (as pendant)-banana republic, camisole-thrifted, cat bag-kate spade, dress-zara (old), clogs-Sven (buy HERE)
 



 I hope you're having a great week! xx

Comments

  1. This is beautiful! I love your bag and I love your doggy too!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and Pink will always look good together :D You look so classy in this outfit. The dots of the dress are a different theme than what I usually see you wear - so cute! Your cat bag is killing it with bringing your outfits together too. That was a good find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love black and pink! Thanks for the 'classy' compliment, this is one of my favorite 'work meeting' and 'very professional' dresses! I'm pretty sure the cat bag was meant to be mine! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.