how I styled a kimono.


 Kimonos are definitely not in my wheelhouse or my typical style. I prefer a pretty classic hourglass shape, occasionally I'll go somewhat boho or 80's or 90s but today's style prompt was 'kimono cutie' and I was DETERMINED to make the kimono trend work for me.
I don't actually have any in my wardrobe but I DO have this gorgeous and unique Free People kimono FOR SALE HERE in my Poshmark Closet!
It seemed like a great opportunity to do the challenge and promote my listing. My sister just gave it to me a few weeks ago, so it also hopefully will get more interest with these modeled photos! To be honest, I kind of like it! The sleeves are really fun and I just safety pinned the chest seam together to create more modesty and let me not have to layer (it's SO hot out right now). I was torn on what to wear on the bottom for a while.
First I tried a skirt with clogs, way too costume-y. Then, I tried black shorts and black boots but the kimono is navy so it didn't feel right. Finally, this morning I just threw on my denim shorts I've been wearing a lot lately and my heart cowgirl boots (from my wedding) to pick up the red pattern of the kimono. I feel good about it! I do kind of wish my top knot was neater and more professional but, whatever, it's Monday and I'm not feeling very high maintenance right now!
You can see my last outfit with my denim shorts HERE (it was green themed!)
& My last outfit with my heart cowgirl boots was a while back (for Valentine's day, with my supercute heart balloons), HERE.



 I'm wearing: sunglasses-pacsun (old), turquoise choker-upscale cheapskate, kimono-Free People, shorts-Paige denim, boots-eight second angel





 Do you like kimonos? How do you wear them?
 I feel ready to go to Stagecoach in this look! I'm not though, I'm just going to go make some lunch and catch up on some writing and maybe do some summer reading :)

How was your weekend? xx

Comments

  1. What a cool kimono! I love it paired with the boots.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kimono looks hard to style but you did a nice job of making it cute and effortless :) Those boots are so fun! You've got me wearing my western boots again - in the height of summer LOL - but they kind of go with everything, right? I don't know if I can pull off boots and shorts like you do. I always end up looking costume-y when I do that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.