infusion day style.
I know for a fact that other chronically-ill stay-mostly-at-home types like me enjoy the 'catwalk' of going to medical appointments or errands where we see more people probably than we might see in a whole week in one day! My key to dressing for my Crohn's infusion appointments is looking cute, yes, but also being very comfortable since I sit for a whole 3 hours on the IV, give or take, and I usually boredom snack (elastic waistbands, please)!
Today, I chose a thrifted frame top, anthro denim shirt (worn like a jacket), comfy vintage coldwater creek skirt from poshmark and some secondhand sven clogs from Poshmark.
It's always such a relief when I'm all plugged in and it starts--the nurse has to mix my meds first and I always get anxious waiting and having any nurses poke around for my veins in my arms (I guess mine are small)!
& here's a little side tangent...I've been making desserts pretty frequently (almost every weekend for my family) and was really excited to be tasked with holiday desserts and specifically was requested my chocolate mousse pie with oreo crust and my steamed cheesecake with blueberry compote and graham cracker crust!
This was my first time doing tuxedo mousse: I had a middle layer of white chocolate mousse. Looking back, I think it doesn't need two different mousses. The white chocolate was just too sweet/rich for a proper slice (a little went a long way).
Using frozen blueberries instead of fresh for my blueberry compote was also a gamechanger! The compote topping was much more smooth and uniform/prettier! I do a 2-ingredient adapted recipe from Kirby's Cravings with full fat greek yogurt and condensed milk. It's to die for!
Here's a nice fat sliceof tuxedo mousse. I actually brought a piece to my infusion as a pick me up. It definitely sweetened the experience. Pun intended!
Today, I chose a thrifted frame top, anthro denim shirt (worn like a jacket), comfy vintage coldwater creek skirt from poshmark and some secondhand sven clogs from Poshmark.
It's always such a relief when I'm all plugged in and it starts--the nurse has to mix my meds first and I always get anxious waiting and having any nurses poke around for my veins in my arms (I guess mine are small)!
& here's a little side tangent...I've been making desserts pretty frequently (almost every weekend for my family) and was really excited to be tasked with holiday desserts and specifically was requested my chocolate mousse pie with oreo crust and my steamed cheesecake with blueberry compote and graham cracker crust!
This was my first time doing tuxedo mousse: I had a middle layer of white chocolate mousse. Looking back, I think it doesn't need two different mousses. The white chocolate was just too sweet/rich for a proper slice (a little went a long way).
Using frozen blueberries instead of fresh for my blueberry compote was also a gamechanger! The compote topping was much more smooth and uniform/prettier! I do a 2-ingredient adapted recipe from Kirby's Cravings with full fat greek yogurt and condensed milk. It's to die for!
Here's a nice fat sliceof tuxedo mousse. I actually brought a piece to my infusion as a pick me up. It definitely sweetened the experience. Pun intended!
Do you enjoy baking?
I want to try my first attempt at oatmeal raisin this Spring! xx











Comments
Post a Comment
Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.