dressing like a blue fairy for pre-Spring.


I can't believe we are sailing through March! Here's a light blue monochrome look that I'm really happy with...I didn't think of it until after I took the photos, but doesn't it have a kind of (Pinocchio's) Blue Fairy vibe to it?


I'm wearing: thrifted coach bag, dress and belt, hat from f21, sven clogs from poshmark
Here's the blue fairy (above), I just need wings, right? 

I'm really pleased too with how nicely this new (to me) vintage coach bag meshes with my wardrobe! I'm still on the fence about considering adding a new kate spade heart shaped bag to my purse collection but I'm thinking that I'm goign to wait on it until the price (secondhand) goes really low. It's still around 145 to $200 on average now for those heart bags by Kate Spade on the secondhand market. I also have the option of getting the chocolate-dipped strawberry Kate Spade that I had my eye on for at least four years now.

It's definitely good practice to wait until you REALLY know you want something rather than impulse buying it, even in a thrifty lifestyle. A cheap price is often tempting but just leads to clutter or things that you don't even end up using or wearing so it's just as bad as buying it first hand in my opinion.

This hat I'm wearing is fast fashion (forever 21) but it's a dupe of Lack of Color (they are often over a hundred dollars for a HAT) and it's been holding up really well. I've had it about a year and it's a great fit and statement piece. It doesn't feel like 'fast' fashion since I'm taking really good care of it and using it multiple seasons (and years). 

I wore this outfit the other day too:

a poshmark jacket with an old headband, my dedicated the brand dress from Sweden and these old reliable clogs that I just gave a bit of a facelift with a fresh paint. 

Left, you can see before, I absolutely LOVE the unusual green shade but didn't have a color match. The color was so faded and there were brown spots that were stubborn even with scrubbing, so I decided to try out this new Angelus 'Bahama Blue' color that I found on sale on amazon. I think it's beautiful! Different than the other blues in my clog collection and should go nicely with a lot of my clothes too.

What do you think? xx


 

Comments