new neutrals.

Happy Wednesday!

I managed to catch a rare window right before the rain came down for today's shoot! 

I don't often wear neutrals but I was really pleased with how this look came together and the cactus purse adds just a hint of color, as well as my blue pearl necklace!

I received my first ever Lazy Oaf order all the way from London in the mail yesterday and I'm REALLY excited to share what I got and show you some looks but I need to wash everything first.


pet break.

a back shot since I'm having a good curl day!

I'm wearing: shirt-anthropologie, skirt-poshmark, belt-thrifted, bag-betsey johnson (poshmark), beret-ebay, coat-anthropologie (poshmark), clogs-sven clogs


 HERE's what I ordered from Lazy Oaf if you're interested:

this rainbow funky skirt with buttons down the fronts and nice deep front pockets
these front and back heart-printed denim shorts that hit just the right length on my legs! Not too short, not bermuda!
this heart-buckle kilt style skirt in purples and reds
the matching red heart print pvc hat to match my secondhand raincoat that started it all!

Every item I bought was clearance.
I was originally just going to buy the hat but couldn't justify paying so much shipping for a tiny thing, especially when I'm genuinely a big fan of the brand and designs. I was nervouse about my sizing. Especially knowing that it's a British brand with British sizing. The size charts are VERY helpful. I'm usually a 27-28 in denim and got the shorts in the UK 30 and they fit well. The skirts are both a UK 10 and I'm usually a US 4-6. They are very slightly big/with some room but can be easily belted, which is ideal! I also compared it to my shopping experience with Miss Patina London and the sizing is definitely similar!

I'm currently washing them so I am not sure how that will go but I am hopeful. For the total of 4 items, I spent a little of a hundred dollars which is not bad at all! The hat especially is EXTREMELY rare and I wanted it as soon as I had the raincoat and fell in love with it. I wear it ALL the time. I knew I had to have it. The skirts and shorts are great transition pieces into warmer weather and seem like great pieces to work with my existing wardrobe. 
The intention is never to throw out and fully buy a new wardrobe but to ::slowly:: cycle in new things that support more indie and ethical brands, or are secondhand, while rehoming old clothing and items that no longer work for me with my weight fluctuations or comfortability. 

I also just want to quickly note that the skirts are NOT as short as they look on the models on me. I'm 5'4 and the models are definitely very tall looking!

I definitely feel like I've come a long way in my style journey.
Lazy Oaf is NOT considered fast fashion but there is a bit of gray area as to just how eco and ethical they truly are. I would never exclusively shop new or at one brand like that or even Miss Patina, which is also more of an indie brand.
I truly think having versatility and variety in your style and wardrobe keeps things fun and exciting getting dressed every day...even in a pandemic and the pieces that I've had the longest are extra specail and have the most good memories and times attached to them!

What do you think?
What are your shopping habits like?
Do you research brands before buying clothes?
Would you consider yourself part of the slow fashion movement?
Which Lazy Oaf item is your fave that I ordered? xx


Comments