golden kitty

 I played off the gold accents on my amazing kitty purse by wearing my equally awesome Loeffler Randall X Sven Clogs. These are one of my favorite pairs of clogs in my whole collection, I just wish the left back heel wasn't stiffer than the right, it isn't broken in yet but hopefully if I wear them a few more times, it will soften! I might put an insert in, not sure yet. They are just so ballerina, clog princess though, I love them so much and they fit my foot perfectly too! So this dress is from the Anthropologie summer clearance sale two years ago, couldn't find it ANYWHERE online or the style name or anything but after putting it in the hamper tonight, I realized suddenly that it has the tiniest belt loops on each hip! I guess it had a string belt that it never came with! I am considering trying out some extra shoelaces and seeing what it looks like but honestly I really enjoy how smocky and loose it is because it is SO comfortable. My husband admittedly says it looks like maternity wear, which it definitely could be one day.
In the meantime though, I'm going to just embrace it and continue to wear it all summer (and Fall/Winter with a sweater on top) because I love it and I think the mixed floral patterns are super cute. I also always loved tie ribbon straps even though they are super trendy recently, I've worn them for years!





 I'm wearing: Kate Spade bag, anthropologie dress, Sven X Loeffler Randall clogs, old Pacsun sunglasses



Do you have any smocky dresses or summer tops that are more 'shapeless' than 'sexy'? I'm all for a good defined waist but sometimes I want a break and to just be able to eat lots of pizza or whatever! xx

Comments

  1. Ooh I do like that dress! Your husband is wrong (like 65% wrong, lol)! It looks so in fashion right now, and, I may be biased, but I totally adore a shapeless trapeze dress for hot summer days. That backside detail is pretty too!
    I'm fighting the tie ribbon straps right now though. I haven't worn them before buying this one dress I have now and I haven't grown used to the element yet. They don't look bad at all, I'm just not used to them on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thanks so much! You're too sweet. I know what you mean about the ribbons, but I think you'll like them once you try them :) xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.