black hearts.

 Last day of the #thriftedchicstylechallenge ! I decided to go out with a bang and did a head-to-toe thrifted look: my sunglasses, my necklace, my bag, my skirt, & my FINALLY FOUND clogs are all the stuff of legendary thrifting/secondhand shopping! You too can reduce, reuse, recycle and support non-fast-fashion movements towards using what is awesome and already available--and much easier on the wallet  way to shop!
Granted, I do like to shop Anthropologie clearance and Zara trends once in a while. I also love finding a good contemporary/designer gem at Marshall's and TJ Maxx. These last few years though, and especially since joining Poshmark, I have found myself gravitating towards a much more thrift/consigned wardrobe than anything else and I feel good about it!
 I'm wearing: necklace-thrifted, top-thrifted, skirt-eBay (Gap), bag-eBay (catherine malandrino, in red HERE), clogs-eBay, Swedish Hasbeens (in size 39 HERE)
Can I just take a minute to praise the Swedish Hasbeens' heart medallion design from 2015? It was 4 years ago that I first experienced the #cloglife and bought the low version in red (pictured) and they were my first ever Swedish Style wood clogs. It was love at first buy and my collection and footwear preferences were forever changed for the better! It did take me a while to learn my size and SH is particularly inconsistent in sizing (in my opinion) so I had to take gambles at times. I first bought these back in 2015 in a size too big and they were clunky and slippy but I replaced the 39s (through Poshmark) with a size 38 that fits my size 8 in flats PERFECTLY and when I saw the high heeled version in black on eBay recently, with a reduced price since the bottoms were marked up with sharpie, I couldn't resist. I wasn't sure if I would be a 38 or a 39 but I took the chance on the 38 since the heel looks just like the Gypsie heel that runs big and they are also PERFECTLY.
I hate to say it but the heart medallions were my toughest find out of all my shoes I've coveted over the years and now that I found them and possess them in both styles in the proper sizes for me, I feel like I don't have to shop for clogs! My second most sought after was the Sven bow tie clogs but since Sven gifted me an absolutely dreamy pair of silver ones and I already have a beautiful pair of pink ones that I bought on their Labor Day Sale last year, I feel pretty set with those!
 I wouldn't turn down a pair of yellow bow ties for the Spring/Summer and it might be nifty to have a pair of clog boots in the Fall/Winter but I don't really feel the need to search and hunt for clogs like I did for so long... rant over.
 The embroidery and thick knit weight of this shirt is definitely one of those 'they don't make 'em like they used to' moments. It is so pretty and not sheer at all and has normal arm holes and always makes me feel like Aurora in the forest from 'Sleeping Beauty' in the best way possible! I looked a while for the perfect long denim skirt and ended up finding this one on eBay and it's slightly big in the waist but works great with a belt. I love a long denim skirt and clogs! The frayed bottom is a cute touch too. The bag was something I bought to replace a different black heart crossbody I sold on Poshmark because it just felt very cheap and plasticy and was that faux patent that gets scratched super easily. I like the stud/pearl details a lot and it is more roomier and shapely too (the other one was pretty flat and hard to fit stuff in). I figured this would be a great style touch to add to lots of outfits and could be dress or casual. It's a great addition to my purse collection (I think I'm up to 9 now). I love my thrifted blue pearl necklace too. It's a great in-between-choker and regular necklace length and adds a bit of sophistication. My sunglasses are just the stuff of legends and the fact that I found them for $15 is just too much to handle...they are Balenciaga bubble style sunglasses and you can buy them HERE.
What is your favorite thing you've thrifted? Do you love things with hearts like I do? Where is your favorite place to thrift? Are you doing anything for May the Fourth (be with you) ? xx

Comments