pizza cowboy cat goes thrifting.

 This cowboy-hat-wearing-cat-riding-on-a-pizza-in-outer-space t-shirt is one of my proudest Savers' finds because it was only $2 and is such a great conversation starter. I think it might be one of the best weekend-wear shirts I currently own. I wore it today with my Zara glitter stripe jeans for a twist on casual wear and tested out my new (from Poshmark) Troentorp Nelly clogs (I've been hunting for these for years, they are SUCH a cute style and super comfy and retro) for a day of brunching and thrifting. Urban Exchange is definitely very different than Savers and Goodwill and even Turnstyle in that the items there are handpicked (kind of like Buffalo Exchange) and are priced more to what I myself would sell them for on Poshmark so the items are NOT great for reselling but they ARE great for self-shopping! It was the perfect opportunity to get a few fresh Spring Updates for my wardrobe. I ended up buying: 2 Free People spring styled tops, one red grommet rayon tee (NWT), one pair of BlankNYC split denim jeans (NWT), my red Lieberskin Berlin crossbody (pictured) NWT, AND my vintage Balenciaga clear frame sunglasses (pictured) all for $136 total. That's approximately $22 per each of the 6 items but the sunglasses are designer and in excellent condition, the jeans are new with the tags still on ($108 retail), the tee is new with tags still on ($60 retail), and the bag is genuine leather and also has all the tags and dustbag ($250 retail) so I feel very proud of my savings and thriftiness! It was definitely tempting to buy a few other items as well but I really wanted to stay under $150 for shopping and I also really wanted to only buy things I knew I genuinely really wanted and would get wear and mileage on. I have been SEARCHING for the perfect red bag for months to pop off all my red shoes and clothing (I like how it brings out the pepperoni on my cat tee today) and this bag is SO cute and reminds me of the Frye 'Belle' bag I was wanting for a couple years now (but could no way justify the 400 dollar price tag)! I know I'm ranting now but I just love thrifting and buying things from consignment and secondhand stores. It is so much better for the environment and it just feels fresh and cool to give old or deadstock items new life.



 I'm wearing: vintage tee, zara jeans, troentorp clogs, lieberskin berlin bag, vintage choker, amazon anklet, balenciaga sunglasses



Do you like thrifting? Do you go to high end and low end consignment stores like me? Do you believe in the power of a red purse? Have you ever worn troentorp clogs? What have you recently added to your wardrobe for Spring?
xx

Comments