black hearts.

 This was my outfit on Friday, the day after having such an amazing Valentine's Day and Anniversary and feeling like I was dressed up so girly and frou-fy that I wanted to be a bit more edgy and wear darker colors. I went with mostly black and last minute threw on my brown biker jacket (I wore it like 3 days this week! I'm really into it right now) and pashmina and one of my new berets (I bought three). My berets are from China and they are very 'street wear' and have that unique 'pierced' look as if they have 3 eyebrow rings on one side. I love these berets. They were only $7 each and I ended up buying this tan one, the pink one I wore on Valentine's Day and a deep burgundy one that I haven't worn yet. I have to say that the quality is great, they are truly cotton, non-itchy and have elastic for a custom-feeling fit. The price is great. I am definitely getting a lot of wear out of them and I like them a lot more than the hats I had last year. This year for winter I am really sticking to my berets and then I have an awesome Kermit sipping-tea-meme beanie that I got for my birthday back in October. Between those 4 hats, I'm pretty much set for Fall and Winter. I don't want to have more hats than it's reasonable to wear. I used to have a really ridiculous amount in college because I would just buy lots of vintage hats and that was also back when H&M actually had a really awesome and abundant accessory department with really cool felt hats...anyway I'm beginning to ramble. I think my point was that 4 hats is a good amount for Fall and Winter in my opinion, but what do you guys think?
 

 I'm wearing: pashmina from Israel, jacket by vigoss, hat from here, anthropologie turtleneck tunic, zara skinny jeans, free people platform ballet/clogs, anthropologie sunglasses
 I decided to pretend to crush some hearts because I was SUPER disappointed with Brach's attempt at conversation hearts. This year just wasn't the same without the Necco ones! Also, on a shoe note, I'm starting to break in these newer Free People clog/ballerina amazing shoes finally! They were really stiff the first time I wore them but I'm beginning to feel them break in a bit so I will continue the process because I really think they are beautiful and worth the break in period/effort!

 Did you wear dark colors the day after Valentine's to cancel out some of the fluffy cuteness? Did you have a nice Valentine's? How many warm hats do you own/wear? Do you have one jacket you feel like you wear a lot lately? Let me know! xx



Comments