barbie girl?

It may be considered gouache and basic to dress like a barbie for the movie viewing, but I just love a theme and I ran with it!

 

As for the actual movie? I didn't love it but I liked it! It was entertaining, did what it was supposed to and often slapped you in the face with just how much of a commercial it was (Mattel was part of the production process). The actors were good, the casting was overall really good. The only part I would've personally preferred was for Ken to be Zac Efron--that's my two cents. I just don't really enjoy Ryan Gosling very much personally. He's not my fave and he definitely didn't feel like a match for Margot Robbie, but maybe that was part of the point? If you saw it and want to chat about it, feel free to leave me a comment! I don't want to spread any spoilers or plot reveals in my post!

I guess I would say, go see it if you know what you're getting and you are okay with a corny, campy, heavy-musical-bubble gum pink shortish film that is a pretty entertaining watch overall! I would also be SHOCKED if they didn't turn this into a multi-part franchise with sequels. Which I guess would be ok? I would probably watch the sequel (s).

I'm wearing: free people thrifted puff sleeve top and thrifted dress, thrifted hat, kate spade bag from poshmark and sven clogs also from poshmark

I'm tagging this in my Halloween category because I'm SURE there will be SO MANY BARBIES this Halloween and it is such an easy costume to put together yourself with things in your closet or from a thrift shop!

I'm wearing: thrifted top and skirt and belt, kate spade bag, tessa clogs
So
Somehow, despite having this floral embroidered top for years and getting tons of compliments and questions about it, it took me until this week to realize it DOES have a sneaky little (barely hanging on) designer tag on it! It is by ISRAELI designer based in NY Yigal Azrouel and wow did I go on a rabbit hole trolling on eBay and Poshmark and swooning over his gorgeous designs! I definitely am keeping his name in mind for future thrifting and online shopping, maybe for next Spring/ Summer! My closet is feeling very flush and full of things that I need to wear more as it as currently.

Notable shoutout to this outfit I filmed for an instagram reel! I've worn it at least twice this Summer but the lemon skirt paired with the yellow skirt and full light blue brim hat is such a happy combo for me!
It's really sinking in that I have less than one week until my surgery and I'm starting to feel hopeful and not excited about the surgery, but excited about getting my life back after I heal! xx
 


Comments