new red boots! Dr Martens restoration tips!



Do you ever fix up old shoes to give them new life?
As the seller of the boots said herself, Docs could pretty much survive anything, they are definitely quality./

These docs came with no laces, the red was peeling in three places and a bit dingy.
The black line around the ankle had chipped off (the leather) in many places and the interior cardboardish color was showing. 
The insides were not the freshest in the world.
What did I do?
Step 1: wiped down with two clorox wipes (one each) inside and outside and the bottoms of the sole (which weren't too bad)
Step 2: took a black sharpie and colored in the bald patches of the ankle leather and used sewing scissors to snip any loose threads around the seams
Step 3: added laces
Step 4: took some bright red (brick color) shoe polish to fill in any cracks or imperfections
Step 5: added some extra waxed laces from my hubby but I think I'm going to replace them with proper boot length ones! These are just temporary, they aren't quite long enough :)



 How'd I do? I think they look amazing!

I can't wait to wear them and mix them into my Fall/Winter wardrobe! I loved my red clog boots last year but they were SOOO clunky and high heeled and despite my trying to be trendy I'm honestly not into square toed boots! Whoops.


These are way more true to my style. How amazing are the embossed flowers? When I saw the embossed floral close up pics on the listing I knew I wanted them for my own, pluse the $65 price tag seemed super fair! xx

Comments