garden inspired.


 The #simplystyledjuly challenge theme of the day today was 'garden party' and I was inspired by the never-before-worn combo of my floral and very 'gardenish' hat from a Chinese mall in Canada (long story) and my Totoro dress that definitely doesn't get enough wear (it is definitely pretty loose on me and I'm a little self conscious on how short it is but I DO love Studio Ghiblie and 'My Neighbor Totoro' and I was so excited when I first got this dress a few years ago so I have trouble letting it go.
I haven't worn it since April...HERE is my last outfit with it. I styled it by focusing on the pop of red from the back bows and mushrooms with some red heart clogs and my cute cat barrette (for a TME style challenge!).
 I'm wearing: hat-from my honeymoon, dress-hot topic, backpack-kate spade, sunglasses-anthropologie, clogs-sven diamond style clogs HERE 


 I love it so much with the white hat and white clogs, I think I might need to wear this outfit more often this summer! I hope you like it too! I think it would be a great travel outfit too. Very comfy and easy to wear, pretty light and breathable, shoulder coverage from the sun...


 Here's a bonus photo by my husband from after dinner! We went out to celebrate his birthday with my parents! It was really nice and the seafood was SO good. Seafood, chocolate souffle & sunsets for a Sunday---dreamy! xx





Comments

  1. So cute! The length doesn't look too short to me - it suits you well. Your hat is pretty great too! Love the combination of prints in this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks. I think, when I was a bigger size and first owned the dress it was much shorter and I just get in my own head sometimes...the hat is from my honeymoon! We got it in a random Asian Mall in Canada! Where I had the most painful foot massage of my life! Good memories :o) thanks so much xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please be kind! I appreciate your support and readership. I'm happy to answer questions and moderate a fun, safe, and stylish community! ~M.