lounge act (challenge).

 Today's #simplystyledmay (instagram) prompt was 'lounge act.' Immediately, I think of sweatpants, loungepants, jumpsuits, athleisure...basically nothing that I own or enjoy wearing. Honestly, I decided to take the lounge idea a bit literally and spent the day 'lounging' around and reading 'We All Looked Up' which I'm still working on plowing through (I'm hooked!) and I don't like to say I love a book before I get to the end but it is EXCELLENT so far (more than halfway through). So for me, lounging includes reading, listening to some chill music (best of Pharell Williams), taking a bubble bath (thank you Juicy Couture moscato bath bombs from my husband) and catching some rays with a floppy hat!
I'm wearing: hat- (old) target, shirt- thrifted AE Outfitters, necklace- nordstrom rack, jeans-blank nyc buy HERE, shoes-swedish hasbeens 'gypsy' (poshmark), bag-betsey johnson (poshmark) BUY HERE



 It's not that I don't like or appreciate lounge/athleisure on other people (except I undeniable HATE 'dad sneakers') but it's just not for me. I'm definitely the kind of girl that doesn't like wearing leggings as pants or wearing sneakers outside of the gym (maybe once in a while or if I'm traveling) so my version on lounging is definitely a comfy pair of jeans. I got these really cool ones at Marshall's and I love the split style, they remind me of my favorite Gap jeans that I sold since they got way too big when I got sick. Have you ever read 'We All Looked Up?' Do you like 'end of the world' lit or shows? What's the best book you've read recently? What's your idea of 'lounge act?' I also thought about lounge like a lounge singer in a suit or snakeskin pants or something wild and clubby but honestly, I'm not going to dress like that just to sit home on my couch reading a book and go over to my mom's house to make some meatballs tonight! That would be crazytown. xx


Comments