for the frill of it.

 For #simplystyledmay on Instagram, the challenge is 'for the frill of it.' I'm still not fully convinced that I understand the difference between ruffles and frills in clothing but moving on...Today was the day I went to my surgeon for my follow up and the fantastic news that I CAN GO SWIMMING & WORKOUT again really boosted my mood and made me feel good. He said it will be another full month before I'm fully healed so just be careful and especially with natural bodies of water because there is just a higher chance of bacteria/infections with my open wound.
 I chose my go-to fun jeans with lots of floral embroidery and matched my shoes and top (I'm pretty sure I posted in this combo before or an outfit very similar but it's good to wear what you like and not waste clothes, right?). Turquoise blue/green is definitely my favorite color. I have a bag that would've matched but all my stuff was already in my mom's hand-me-down bucket bag and I didn't want to be too overly matchy. My surgeon's appointment was pretty early so I didn't feel like putting together a complete and fussy lewk if you know what I mean! Also, anybody else out there love a good keyhole detail in the back?

 I'm wearing: sunglasses-old, pacsun, top-thrifted, jeans-blank nyc (marshall's), bag- coach ny, clogs- swedish hasbeens 'heart sandal' (poshmark) re-released HERE

 Look, my cactus is blooming! Yay! It's a sign of good things blossoming this week, hopefully!
 I've basically been LIVING for the 2019 Met Gala fashions and for me, my top 2 men were Billy Porter & Jared Leto. My top 2 ladies were: Janelle Monae & Zendaya! Do you have any favorites? Who were you in awe of? I don't really like to say 'worsts' here because honestly, I don't think anybody actually looked awful in the photos and video I watched--I DO think a lot of participants did not understand the 'history of camp' theme at all, however! What do you think? xx


Comments