cinco de mayo.





Cinco de Mayo in America is definitely very commercial. In too many ways, it often becomes (especially in social media) racist, insensitive to Mexican culture/history, or also bad, an excuse to binge drink. Since this year, it coincided with my recovery and just a bunch of good news recently for us as a couple, my husband and I threw a very small get together with 5 friends. I borrowed my husband's sombrero for a few quick festive photos. Plus I definitely think that my dress I chose to wear is inspired by beautiful Mexican embroidery!

 I'm wearing: my husband's sombrero, dress by Free People (Marshall's) it has pockets!, kate spade cactus sandals
My husband made his signature homemade tacos and they were SO good! Some friends brought Margarita fixins and others brought chips, homemade salsa, and some hot queso! It was a very tasty afternoon, for sure! The leftovers will also be good TOO good tomorrow. Fun fact: leftovers from tacos make PERFECT microwave nachos the next day. I am not being sarcastic! What are you doing today to give a nod to Cinco de Mayo? xx

Comments