about lace.

Happy Thursday, almost Friday! #simplystyledmay (instagram) style prompt today: 'about lace!' I decided to go a different route than expected and originally planned and went with lace up details. My vintage top has the cutest lace up sleeves and of course I had to match it with my fun lace up clogs from Free People! I hope you like my take on the look. I just didn't feel super girly today and wanted to wear something a bit more casual, low key and slightly punk/edgy.




I'm wearing: top-thrifted, necklace-thrifted, scarab pendant/pin-banana republic, jeans-zara, bag-botkier 'isola', clogs-free people 'darcy' (eBay), beret-eBay, sunglasses-balenciaga

 I always loved things with lace up or corset inspired details and I think the hoops/piercings on my jeans and my beret make it just a little more fun and edgy than a simple black top and black flats would be...what do you wear on a lazy/casual day? Do you prefer lace up things or traditional lacey things in fashion? I just binge watched the whole Season 2 of 'American Beauty Star' and it wasn't great but it was definitely entertaining and gave me good Project Runway/ANTM vibes but on a much smaller scale. Some of the runways were really inspiring and cool and I'm happy with who won (no spoilers here)! If you know me, you know that a 'mom makeover' is something I'm a sucker for, especially with Mother's Day coming up! xx

Comments