sandgrens & saguaros.

Today, I'm wearing my Sandgrens clogs & my saguaro print tee that my mom gave me. I was wearing a turtleneck sweater this morning but it really heated up in the afternoon so I just threw on my Spring bomber jacket I got on a whim last year after seeing a blogger with a really similar one and falling in love with it! It's so light and girly but still has fun bomber jacket details so it's about as close to atheleisure as I'll probably get---I'm definitely NOT into dad sneakers or sweats at all!
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with these red slacks because I love how they fit but hate that they don't have real pockets and the side zip is pretty annoying when you have to go to the bathroom (sorry if it's too much info). I did pick them up from a local consignment store second hand for only like $7 though so I decided to just hold onto them and wear them once in a while (on Wednesdays at my job we wear red). This is my first time pairing them with red clogs and I'm into it! I also don't know if you can tell from my pics but I'm wearing a little gold saguaro necklace my friend bought me so I'm all cactus on top and all red on the bottom. We love a good theme, am I right?







 I'm wearing: jacket- eBay, tee-gift, pants- j. crew 'minnie,' clogs- Sandgrens Milan High (discontinued style but can be custom ordered in the higher heel), sunglasses-anthropologie
I am definitely what you would call a 'clog enthusiast' or part of the #cloglife club. With my collection and knowledge of clogs I need to say that Sandgrens are some of the cutest and most rugged/durable feeling out of my collection. They are also very up and down with sizing in my opinion. I'm a 38 in the low heels, 39 in mid heels, and 40 in high heels (these that I'm wearing here) which is the biggest gap in any brands I've bought. I also feel like that they are most highly priced out of all the clog companies (sometimes up to $300!) so this is my only pair currently.
I've traded or sold them due to sizing frustrations. I was especially discouraged with Sandgrens Morocco style clogs because I felt like my foot hung over the middle of the wood and I hated the look and feel of having side-foot on either edge of my clogs.  (see photo from Sandgren's website how her foot is spilling over the edges and is wider than the wood base). This really bothered me as a wearer...and I personally don't like the looks of the side foot bulge...

Anyways---I would overall recommend Sandgrens but suggest trying a secondhand or sale pair initially for getting a feel for the sizing. They also carry them at Anthropologie so you could possibly try them on a store too, that's where I got my first pair and fell for the cute owl stamp logo on the leather straps. They also used to go by the Ugglebo so you might be able to find some of those on eBay, Poshmark, or etsy!
I should probably hand it over to you, especially if you've been reading this long...do you have any experience with Sandgrens Clogs? Would you wear red shoes and red pants? What's your go-to Spring jacket? What are you looking forward to wearing next season? xx

Comments