the perfect denim dress doesn't exi...



Happy Tuesday!
Today is the grand debut of DUN DUN DUN DUN....my perfect denim midi dress (for all 4 seasons)!
I've literally been searching for 15 years, my favorite one ever was in the 90's/early '00's and from the gap, I think with a cute little flower embroidered pocket in the front and it buttoned down but regular not funky, like this one!

I would have been okay with straight down buttons but these add a bit of something fun so I don't mind. The real valuable part for me, is that the whole back is smocked ELASTIC for the perfect fit! Plus the straps are adjustable! Win, win! I also have always preferred dark denim for dresses! 
I got it on Poshmark, by Universal Thread, for $15 (plus shipping) and it was totally worth it for me. I definitely have some failed (for me) denim dresses for sale in my shop but that's part of not knowing how the denim is going to fit on your body without trying it on, and also, I mean always elastic! I don't know why I didn't realize that this was an option earlier. Definitely had to share my newfound wisdom with you guys!

I'm also repeating my Thrift Tip of wearing my shirt backwards! I just love the rust color but hated the neckline (on me) but when I flipped it, it was an instant favorite. Definitely more for Fall/Winter than summer since it's a knit but I'm just trying to express my yearning for Fall and also the fact that I took a Cottagecore test on Buzzfeed and got an 86%!
I think I would've scored higher if I didn't love desert life so much and if maybe I knew how to needlepoint or basket weave! Lol! 






I'm wearing:
denim midi dress-universal thread
rust mockneck tee-last worn HERE (for my birthday!)
woven red clogs-Sven Clogs, last worn HERE (a definite favorite this Summer)
cork bee backpack-Leafling Bags last worn ABOVE with the same clogs!
daisy sunglasses-oui fresh
seahorse threader earrings-old



Do you have a dream denim dress too or is it just me? Let me know in the comments what is on your 'style quest' list! xx

Comments